The app has been keeping us entertained since the early 2010s, with the novelty of sending funny or filtered photos to our pals – which disappear seconds after they’ve been viewed – yet to wear off.
Of course, things don’t always go as they should on any social media app, and there may well come a time during your Snapchatting when you want to block someone – we’ve all done it, after all.
But if you’ve blocked someone by mistake, or decide that you want them back in your Snapchat circle, just how do you go about unblocking them?
Here’s what you have to do…
How to unblock someone on Snapchat
It is a pretty simple process to unblock someone on Snapchat – and here’s how you go about it:
- Tap your profile icon in the top of the screen
- Once you’ve done this, tap the gear icon which appears in the upper right hand corner of the screen which will open Settings
- Scroll down the menu of options which opens up until you find the ‘Blocked’ option – this is towards the bottom of the menu
- Open this up and it will give you a list of usernames of people you’ve blocked. Tap the ‘X’ to the right of the username of the person you want to unblock.
- The person will now be unblocked.
Bear in mind if you do unblock someone, they will be able to view your Snapchat Stories and Charms, as well as send you Snaps and Chats of their own.
If there were on your friends list, you will also have to once again add them as a friend, since blocking them will automatically unfriend them at the same time.
However, if you unblock someone that you had a message history with, these messages will reappear once you have unblocked them and added them to your friends list once again.
Share your views in the comments below.